Add to Lightbox
Show Large Version
|Image ref no||0508/089|
|Caption||Government Buildings (1930s)|
A view of Government Buildings Merrion Street, Dublin 1930s.
Government buildings were designed by Sir Aston Webb. Construction began in 1904 and was fully completed in 1922. The main part of the building was completed in 1911 and was originally occupied by the Royal College of Science. From 1922 onwards various government departments occupied the buildings.
The buildings are described as 'Edwardian baroque' and surround a square quadrangle.
|Collection||RTÉ Cashman Collection|
|Photographer||Cashman, Joseph (1881-1969)|