Remove from Lightbox
Show Large Version
|Image ref no||0500/007|
|Caption||The Picture House, Dublin (circa 1915)|
A view of The Picture House cinema at 51 Lower Sackville Street (now O'Connell Street), Dublin, circa 1915. Several men and boys with bicycles can be seen standing outside the cinema. A sign advertises the film showing at the time, 'The Christian', a British silent film relased in 1915.
'The Picture House' opened on 8 April 1910. It changed hands and was renamed 'The Sackville' in 1917 and changed hands again and was renamed 'The Astor' in the late 1930s. It finally closed its doors on 23 December 1946.
|Collection||RTÉ Murtagh Collection|
|Date of photograph||
01/Jan/1915 - 31/Dec/1915
(01/Jan/1915 - 31/Dec/1915)