Remove from Lightbox
Show Large Version
|Image ref no||3012/007|
|Caption||Christ Church Cathedral bridge, Dublin city (1952/1953)|
A view of the arched stone bridge that links Christ Church Cathedral (right) to the Synod Hall on the opposite side of Winetavern Street, Dublin city, in 1952 or 1953. A garda/policeman walks up the hill on the right of the shot.
Christ Church is a cathedral church of the Dublin and Glendalough dioceses in the Church of Ireland (Anglican Communion). The original Viking church was founded in 1038 and the Romanesque Cathedral seen here was completed by the Normans in 1240.
|Collection||RTÉ Johnson Collection|
|Date of photograph||
01/Jan/1952 - 31/Dec/1953
(01/Jan/1952 - 31/Dec/1953)